Admin usernames and passwords are stored in a password file: cgi-bin/sblogin/.htpasswd_admin separate from other users.
- Do NOT share your admin credentials, Strongbox is designed to STOP password sharing to protect your site, every site administrator has to have its own admin username
- To create a new admin user, or change your admin password, use this form
- For security reasons, FTP/shell access is needed to edit the admin password file.
- Avoid having repeated usernames in both admin password files and normal user databases/password files.
- Do not “test” your customers’ credentials, see Helping Customers Who Have Trouble Logging In
- Strongbox Notification Emails
- Strongbox Authentication Methods
- Strongbox Configuration file and variables
- Helping Customers Who Have Trouble Logging In